Friday, September 2, 2011

September 1, 2011

Ewww, September. Cold weather (which is new at home, at least), school, and blehh.


Today was yet another somewhat uneventful day. I left Matt's flat around 11:30 to meet my dad at the hotel that he booked. The two of us went to Piccadilly Circus, Carnaby Street, Westminster Abbey, Westminster Bridge, and took a peek in the National Gallery. I know it sounds like a lot but it was mostly just walking around for a while. My dad is jet-lagged and generally exhausted from traveling...so he's basically been sleeping since 5 pm (it's 10:11 right now). I was supposed to go to some sort of gallery walk with Matt tonight with free alchy, but that was canceled for some unknown reason :[ So only about 3-4 hours of my day were actually spent doing things.

I feel so isolated in this random hotel! I want to be in the middle of the action, meeting people and going out for drinks and such. Hopefully tomorrow night will be fun? I'm planning on seeing some friends on Saturday and I'm looking forward to that. There's supposedly a bar here in the hotel but hotels are used by families and old people.

This stupid hotel has the nerve to charge £10/day for WiFi. What the effffffff. So I'm here on the lobby computer. It's free but it'd be nice to have my own computer...upload photos, use my own crap, whatever.

I've also only had one meal today. I'm not incredibly hungry but I know it'll hit soon. I don't want to go to bed quite yet because it's still pretty early, plus I took a nap for about two and a half hours. Whoops. Maybe I'll bring my backpack down here and sew on a patch or two. And read? Ughhhhhh so bored! :[


***

Okay so now it's 12:26 and I realize that this computer's time is stuck on 10:11...so I'm not actually sure when I wrote that first bit. Couldn't have been too far off, I suppose. I just went out to Piccadilly Circus with my dad for some food. There we met a Canadian couple sitting next to us and had a bit of a nice chat. I'm reeeally hoping I can see Les Mis while I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment