Thursday, September 1, 2011

August 31, 2011

Well, waking up at 7:15 this morning was easier than I thought it'd be. Making my way to Gare du Nord was pretty simple, only one quick transfer on the metro. I took the Eurostar high-speed train for the first time to London. I slept pretty much the entire ride. Luckily no one sat in the seat next to me so I was able to spread myself across two seats. Win.

I got to London and met up with my cousin Matt. I was able to drop my bag in his office woooo. I then got the idea to fill my extra day with a West End musical! I took the bus to the half price tickets booth and got a ticket for the only musical matinee of the day: "We Will Rock You". I had never heard of it (rightfully so, it's not in New York). I went back to Matt and got lunch with him. That was nice. Then back to the theater! Honestly the show was ehhhhhh. The dancing was great, the singing was great...but the story was SUCK and the choreography was meh. Not something I'd see again...but at least I saw something I can't catch at home.

Now I'm back with Matt in his flat..we ate dinner, watched the news, and shared many a YouTube video. I'm pretty sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment