Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 30, 2011

Today was another low-key day but I enjoyed it! Honestly not really much to say about it at all. I tried to go to a CouchSurfing picnic in some obscure little park...took the bus and wasn't really able to find it. But not to worry, I made my way to Jardin du Luxembourg and it was really pretty. I got some lunch and ate it there, then proceeded to lounge in a chair for nearly two and a half hours. The sun was so nice!

I then took another bus then a metro to Boulevard de Clichy--the Red Light district. I wanted to see the Moulin Rouge, even if just from the outside. That took about two seconds, so I continued my way to Sacre Coeur. On my way, a guy outside of some sex show asked me (in French) if I was looking for work....uhh no thanks!

Sacre Coeur was nice. I ended up juggling a soccer ball with a bunch of people for maybe a half hour? I seriously was just enjoying the sun and was in no rush to get back. I ended up eating a yummy dinner with Devan's parents before meeting Quentin, Bluey, Elodie, and Scott for a drink in the Marais.

Now I'm back at the apartment and stupidly have to wake up at 7:30 am. I booked my train to London a day early....now I'm going to be all alone for an entire day, as my dad arrives on Thursday :[[ I'm hoping to meet someone on the train or in the train stations or at leeeast shortly after arriving. Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment