Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 24, 2011

If we haven't noticed by now, the dates in the titles reflect the day I'm writing about!

Hmmm yesterday..let's see. I woke up to a cute message on the white board from Judith telling me to have a great day. Too cute. I got to borrow Judith's bike and that was pretty cool. Although scary..Needless to say, I got lost trying to get into the center of the city. Nothing too bad but still a little stressful. I was looking for the Van Gogh museum but ended up at the Rijksmuseum instead. Not to worry! I had a nice time looking at all of the really historical Dutch paintings and artifacts. I then managed to get in contact with the HCrew boys: Chris, Alex, Gustav, Allan, and Turner. We all met up at the Van Gogh museum, which ended up being just down the block.

Then we headed over to the Heineken place. They don't actually brew the beer there anymore, but it's been turned into a bit of a museum/"experience" (as they call it.) The boys managed to get free tickets from some ridiculous connection through some Princeton frosh. His mom controls the shares of Heineken or something crazy like that. We saw her in some pictures and videos which was pretty amusing. They also managed to swindle some more beer token things (everyone has two to use at the end). Win.

I headed back to their hotel (they called it a hostel but it really wasn't) with them for a bit before checking out the Red Light district. It was definitely something to see all of the prostitutes in their little windows and the red lights. Bangkok has hookers and wild shows but Amsterdam is just a little different. Got some dinner and dranky dranks. There also might have been some sketchy things that my eyeballs witnessed but let's not go there. It was an early night and everything was really said and done by 1 am.

Here's a miracle and a half: I managed to bike my way back to Judith and Wouter's apartment without getting seriously lost. I only missed one little turn (by one block) and stopped to make sure I was on the right path ermmm twice. Not bad, considering how freaking confusing Amsterdam is. The roads loop and bend and nothing is clearly marked. Also I literally have the worst sense of direction. Fun times were had. I'm glad I got to meet up with the boys so I didn't have to spend the day all by my lonesome. I do feel kind of bad for crashing their brofest, though (I mean they had already been together for like twelve days or something but still).



As always, refer to my albums on Facebook for details through photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment