Friday, August 26, 2011

August 25, 2011

Ahh, must write this quickly..I'm waking up at 7:20 tomorrow morning!!

Let's seeeeee. Today Judith took the day off from work :) We managed to get out of the apartment by noon, which isn't so bad. I rode on the back of her bike, just above the back wheel. I'm basically a total pro at hopping on, now. I remember the first time I sat on a bike like that...I was scared completely shitless in the middle of New York City at night. Ahh! Luckily I feel very safe on a bike in Amsterdam and I've learned that it's actually pretty easy to not fall off.

We got into the center of the city and topped off the credit on Wouter's phone (he is AWESOME for letting me borrow it these last two days--bless his little heart), then got some fruit to eat on a bench. We went to the Cat Boat!!!! We're kind of joking about being suuuper excited for it--like it's the highlight of the trip. But actually of course it was awesome. Just a bunch of stray cats on a houseboat. Awesome! Meow. We then went for a touristy boat tour. Very pretty!


After that we stopped at a little cafe along the canal and had some wine. Judith unfortunately wasn't feeling too hot so I ended up at the Anne Frank house alone. I managed not to shed any tears but it was pretty heavy stuff. I actually ran into Allan as I was leaving. I didn't get to see the guys again (besides that, obviously) but I'll see 'em in a few weeks on campus, duhhhh. When I was done with the Anne Frank House, Judith decided to head back to the apartment :[ Wouter took me around a bit and we grabbed some dinner on the way home.


I'm now about to make sure that I'm completely packed up before I go to Brussels in the morning! I decided to stay a night. It doesn't make sense to rush around and then get to Paris at a sketchy hour of the night. I'd rather not waste day time and leave early in the morning for Paris on Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment