Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 22, 2011

Local time: 1:27 am (August 23rd, technically)



I’m here in London! I was successful with my all-nighter last night. I allowed myself a ten minute nap on the train to the airport, and about a half hour nap at the gate. My plan to sleep immediately was foiled as I ended up sitting next to someone with whom I enjoyed conversing. I think I managed to sleep three or four hours…not entirely sure. Although I DO know that I missed a meal and the jerk flight attendants didn’t wake me up for it! It’s okay, I got to eat maybe about an hour and a half before we landed and I’m still pretty full from that.
I managed to catch the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station (£18 what the heck?!), where I then met Matt (my cousin) and we took the tube together back to his flat. It was about a 10-15 minute walk from there. Unfortunately there’s no internet here but that’s alright…before I get to the airport tomorrow I’ll pop in at McDonald’s and soak up the free WiFi while I can. Here’s to hoping I make it to Stansted without getting lost…


It’s 8:33 pm back at home but I’m more than ready to call it a night and get some sleep! I think my plan was pretty successful… I guess we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment