Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 23, 2011

Local time: 12:46 am (Again, technically now the 24th)



Travel travel travel. Literally I haven't done anything on this entire trip.

I woke up this morning, had some breakfast with Matt, and did the whole "shower and get my stuff together" thing. I'm pretty impressed that I was able to sleep from 1:30 am until 7:45 am when Matt's alarm went off. I left his flat around noon and caught a (double decker!) bus to Liverpool Street. It was about a 15 minute trip. From there I snagged some free WiFi from McDonald's before miraculously finding the coach bus to Stansted Airport. I fell asleep for maybe 10 minutes of the one hour ride.

In typical me fashion, I made a friend on the little monorail thing on the way to the gate. EasyJet is weird in the way that there are no seat assignments. I ended up sitting next to my new American friend, Kevin, in the exit row. Score! Good thing he managed to get that row...he's 6'8". The flight was about 40 minutes and I managed to stay awake. Kevin was super nice and helped me find my way to the train once we collected our bags. I then managed to get on a train for about 6ish minutes to a place with a hard-to-pronounce name, and then took the tram to some other crazy Dutch-sounding stop, also about a 5 minute trip. Judith was there to meet me at the station! It's so funny to be with her in Holland--we met in Thailand last summer.

Sooo we made dinner and I've been hanging out here all night. It's pretty low-key but after two straight days of traveling I'm okay with it. I enjoy the company of her and her boyfriend, Wouter. The phone I have can receive text messages but apparently do nothing else...I tried to put some more money on the account via the internet but it doesn't accept Visa. I'm borrowing Wouter's phone tomorrow so I can contact the HCrew boys and Judith if need be. I also noticed that I forgot my camera charger...I'm going to borrow Judith's camera for when I'm in Amsterdam but still use my own lens. The extra battery for my camera should last me through Paris. Good thing I have that one--the current battery is on its last bar. Yikes! Stupid me. I ALWAYS forget something when I travel. I guess it's because I really haven't done anything but travel...but I've seriously taken maybe four photographs. I also decided that every day at 2 pm I'm going to take a picture wherever I am. Okay also I had my computer plugged in for hours and when I unplugged it I only had about 40 minutes of battery life :| Technology hates me in Europe.


Tomorrow I'm hoping to wake up relatively early and get myself to the Van Gogh museum before hopefully meeting up with da boiz at the Heineken Factory I guess around 2 pm. Woohoooo! I'm not sure what else I'll be doing tomorrow, but Judith is taking the day off from work on Thursday and we're going to go around the city together :]



I didn't (really) nap all day! It's 12:33 am and I'm getting ready to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment