Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 27, 2011

Meeeeep! I woke up super, suuuuper tired this morning and possibly still a little drunk. 7:30 is not a fun time to wake up after a long night out. Luckily all of my stuff was ready to go and leaving Sara's apartment was quick and easy. I really had a great time with her :)

I managed to find my way to the Eurolines stop without any hassle! Go me. I slept almost the entire four-hour trip. I made a friend as I left the bus, Jed, from Australia. We kept each other company as we got confused about the station. We wandered around like idiots for about an hour (although I FINALLY got to put credit on my phone and he found some WiFi in McDonald's) and then we were on our way to our respective destinations.

I'm staying with Devan and her parents in the 16th quarter. Super beautiful! The apartment is magnificent. I have my own little room. I took it pretty easy today; showering, washing clothes, and doing things of the like. We had a really nice dinner and then Devan and I met up with my friend Quentin and some of his friends for some drinks. I met Quentin last summer in New York! It was such an international group of people: me from the US, Devan from Canada, Quentin from France, Gracie from England, Bluey from Australia, Scott from Zimbabwe, and some other randos showed up from Italy. Crazy! I had a really good time with them. They were all continuing on to a gay club that Devan and I didn't feel entirely up to. I was hoping to meet up with my new Aussie friend Jed but for some reason or another he didn't respond to my last text. Oh well!

Tomorrow we're planning a picnic! That should be nice. The weather is supposed to be warmer (but still cold!!) and sunny. Hooray! I'm not really looking to do touristy things while I'm here--I did that stuff in 2004. I'm sure there are some things I'd like to see and didn't get the chance to, but for the most part I'm happy just to walk around.

Also I seriously packed for the summer. I even checked the weather before I left! It's so cold here--it's definitely Fall weather. I feel dumb for not having my cute Fall clothes with me. Siiiiigh. Oh well. I'll just wear jeans every day....




Sidenote: The amount of unread items on my Google Reader is frightening.

1 comment:

  1. Noob. Any veteran traveler knows to check the weather forecast before leaving on a trip.

    ReplyDelete