Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1: Recap

I didn't end up sleeping at all in the morning. Pretty much found all sorts of ways of keeping myself occupied with the help of my computer. How ethnic.

We went food shopping around noon, via auto rickshaw. I want to keep calling it a tuk tuk like they do in Thailand! It was about a two minute ride into Pune Central, which is essentially a mall. Sort of. More like one big department store and the grocery store up on the top floor. From there we walked back and picked up some fresh fruit on our way.

Here's a glimpse:







My dad then left for his first day of work. Oh yeah, that's what I'm doing here in India, by the way. Tagging along. Sham and I had planned on going shopping for some Indian clothing but my little "nap" turned into five hours instead of the planned one hour :( Oh well. I ended up sleeping through dinner but they brought me some food back.

Overall not a super thrilling day, clearly, but hopefully tomorrow will be better. I think we might go to a temple and do some shopping and things of the like. There's a waterpark in this city ooooohh.

I sewed on the tenth world flag patch my backpack. Four more to go! It's looking really neat and I'm excited to parade around with it :D (the flags are the countries I've been to.)


So here's the newest plan! On Friday we'll fly to Delhi, get picked up by a personal driver, then drive down to Agra. We'll go to the Taj Mahal suuuper early in the morning, spend a few hours there, then return back to Delhi. Sunday night we'll make our way back to Pune. I'm excited! It would've been a shame to be in India but stay in one minor city the whole time. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment