Monday, July 19, 2010

Hello, India

Well, I'm finally here. India, holy crap. I can't believe this is the EIGHTH country that I've been in in 2010. Taiwan and Germany don't really count (layovers) that number is still obnoxious.
Although I've been really excited to go, this trip didn't have quite the same build up as per usual. We only booked the flights a week ago, not months in advance. Crazy to think that I wasn't sure if I'd be going, yet here I am! It hasn't even really hit me yet.

Lots of boring travel things happened so I'll spare you, the reader, and attempt to summarize:

-Pfeiffer graciously drove my dad and me to the Princeton Junction train station, where we caught a train to Newark.
- Hopped on a 8:10 pm flight to Munich
- Seven hours and two movies later I find myself in Munich. My first time in Germany...although that hardly counts. Too bad, I would've really liked to explore and legitimize my visit
- Hour and a half later I board the plane to Mumbai (AKA Bombay)
- About six hours, a few mini-naps, and one movie later I'm in India.
- After waiting about an hour and a half (probably more) with baggage claim, Customs, and waiting for Sham (my dad's ladyfriend), we finally leave the airport
- A three hour car ride (read: nap) lands me in Pune, about 4 am local time.


So here I am! It's now four hours later and I haven't slept since we arrived. It's basically an apartment, yet kind of in a hotel style? Ish? There are two bedrooms (each with private bathrooms,) a kitchen, living room, and balcony. So far all I've managed to do is go online and attempt to sleep. There's something new.

Living area


My room


My stellar view



I'm hoping the others wake up soon (are they up now?) so we can go food shopping because I am so hungry! It'll also be a great excuse to walk around and really check out this area.



Okay so in terms of this blog:

I really only plan on using it for my own benefit, but if you find yourself curious as to what I'm doing on the other side of the world, by all means...read on. Perhaps I'll include photos and all sorts of things.


Also:

Things I Don't Have But Wish I Did:

Toothpaste
Shampoo
Conditioner
Soap
Food

No comments:

Post a Comment