Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Princeton Town, India

MONDAY ~11:00 pm

Today was a pretty low-key day, but I was totally fine with that after our eventful weekend. Sham and I saw Inception and it was really good. She accidentally heard me say the name of the movie was "Conception" so that gave me a bit of a giggle. That would be a very different type of film…Like Thailand, they play the national anthem before the movie starts. This time it was just an animation of the waving flag, but in Thailand it's this whole propaganda video involving the king and children and all sorts of things. Another thing I found interesting was that the movie was not only in English, but had English subtitles as well. I heard it's because a lot of Indian English speakers have a hard time understanding American accents. Ha.
We did our first department store shopping trip and they had surprisingly very reasonable prices. I got one more Indian kameez thing. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and recuperating here in the apartment. It's raining pretty hard so that kind of made it easy to stay inside. I watched American Beauty which was really nice. It's my favorite movie and I haven't watched it in sayyyy two years? A perfect amount of time had passed, regardless. What a fantastic film.

We had dinner at an Italian restaurant across the street. I noticed a guy eating alone so we asked him to join us. I'd say he was in his mid to late twenties, from Italy, and his name is Luigi. I'm so proud I didn't crack a SINGLE Mario Bros. joke :D His English wasn't spectacular but it was enough to talk a little bit. He invited us out for dinner on Thursday night with some more Italians and one French guy. Sounds fun! Another note with the English speaking..I've definitely heard more English than Hindi. There was a large table next to us of students and they were all speaking in English, so was everyone at the department store. Interesting.

It's now 11:05 pm and I'm impressed that I'm still awake. I was up in the middle of the night for like four hours last night due to a stupid bad dream. I slept a little later than usual today (10 am) and I didn't take any naps. Pretty legit, huh? I hope to be on a solid, regular schedule soon. Jet-lag suuuucks. You know what sucks more? The internet isn't working. My guess is because of the rain. What I think sucks the most is that my computer is proving once again to be a pain in the ass. For some reason Skype was working while Firefox and Adium remained offline (and every other internet-accessing program I tried.) Weird. My computer keeps doing the cursor freeze thing again and has stupid blips. I just got it fixed like two months ago :| I'm glad it's under warranty but it's still such a pain. I think Apple owes me a new computer at this point.


TUESDAY 8:57 pm

Internet is working again…sort of. Guess where I found myself today? Outside a little place called "Princeton Town." Awesome. Today I bought a book on shading pencil portraits and some fancy pencils. So far so good! I'm hoping this will keep me busy for the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment