Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Meep

First of all, is anyone actually reading this? I'll reiterate, it's definitely for me to look back on and remember every stupid, meticulous detail about my trip...but I am curious if anyone is actually reading it. LET ME KNOW.

Anyway, today has been super tiring. I woke up at about 7:15 am and was so excited about finishing my drawing (shading, actually) that I stayed up and finished it. Here:



Only really faint, basic outlines were provided. And a shaded version on the other page. Okay whatever, I'm learning.

Then I started drawing eyes!



Who knows, maybe if I don't get bored/frustrated I'll actually pick up drawing as a legit hobby. So far so good, I really like it.


Anyway...Sham and I were intent on finding a yoga place this morning. We walked around for about two and a half hours before finally calling it quits. We got the name and number of some guy who teaches but apparently it's only in the mornings of certain days..plus we were told no one would take us for just one class/lesson. Bummer. However, in our search, we came across the Osho International Meditation Centre. There's a large possibility that I'm going to go there for a few hours tomorrow and nearly all day on Friday. I have to wear maroon robes and I just meditate all day (guided, of course.) Apparently there's one other branch in New York. Interesting...but I can't imagine that it'd be anything like this one. There are 28 acres or something on this campus. Very peaceful and beautiful.

Tonight someone that works for my dad took us out shopping. Her name is Soni and she's 25. I went to about six different shops looking for something somewhat specific...no luck. I'll try department stores again. I managed to buy a neat little wall hanging for my room...not that I have any wall space but I'll make it fit somewhere (ooh ah?)
Then we went out for dinner and talked and hung out and it was nice, she's really cool. Man I'm super wiped! Oh, tomorrow we're meeting that Italian guy Luigi and a colleague of his/his girlfriend/some other French guy for dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. That should be interesting. Apparently it's Luigi's 23rd birthday. Ooh I'd feel so creepy if he found these posts and read about himself. Ew, weirdddd.

Okay I think it's time for sleepies.

1 comment: