Thursday, July 22, 2010

Finally

Today has been pretty awesome. You have been forewarned: I took a lot of photos today and I intend to share them on this thing. Sham and I went back to the same area that we were in on Tuesday. More shopping! I bought a scarf, an anklet, three skirts (two are PERFECT for Reunions..well especially one :D,) a traditional kameez, and some legging-like pants (for under the now two kameezes that I have.) ANYWAY. So that was awesome, but I'm mostly stoked over my photos. None of them are overly incredible or anything, but it's the first time that I've really taken photographs since arriving.


Without further ado, the [many] photos of today in chronological order with snippets here and there:


Sham and I spent a lot of time here and got a lot of stuff


Girls we started randomly talking to. Yes, I cropped [most of] myself out.


This goat cracks me up every time


It became my model






"Make sure to get my profile lolz"


The way Sham is touching it is ridiculous. Love it.


Mama & baby cow




Horrible photo but it started coming at me and I got scared!



Another goaty :)


I ate street food for lunch! My whole meal was only 10 Rupees. That's about 21 cents.






No idea what this vegetable was but it was tasty


The mandatory, cliché, super closeup


"'cuse me, you're doin' it wrong"


I love when people ask me to take their photo. People get pretty excited to see a DSLR



And there you have it!

Also, that little girl who was grabbing on to Sham the other day reappeared. She did it again and it was pretty ridiculous. Also, also. I saw a really funny thing this morning. I'm super mad I was in a car and didn't have my camera out, it would've made a hilarious picture. There was a goat standing on the bench of a bus stop. Just chillin'. People were sitting and waiting like it wasn't even there. Nice.

I've promised myself to stay awake long enough to go out for dinner. It will probably be difficult given I'm only operating on 4 hours of sleep AND I'm still jet-lagged...but the battle must go on.


More updates!!
I promised myself to take a nap between 6-7 ONLY...but of course it went until 8:30. That's fine! I woke up and we went to a jazz club! It was really spectacular, I bought their CD afterward. It was really crowded, lots of young folk and the most falang I've seen. There was lots of hookah but I had no one to smoke it with me :( Not that I'm even a big fan of tobacco...never smoked even a single cigarette! But you know, it's about the full experience. Sham has a bunch of pictures so I'll probably steal them from her camera tomorrow or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment