Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday August 6, 2010

From my handwritten journal


12:39 pm


I keep forgetting what day it is. I know that it's Friday (already?!) but the day of the month is always a mystery. Today is going to be low-key. I actually slept pretty okay last night--wayyy better than two nights ago. Man, I kept waking up and was super uncomfortable (of course) and woke up still feeling sick. It was actually surprisingly cool last night in the new room. I even used the comforter in addition to the thin sheet.

Okay so today -- woke up super tired, showered (with a real shower head!!) then had some oatmeal (couldn't do the hearty rice, chicken, and whatever meal that's always at the canteen)--eww just found a tick crawling on my pants :[ :[ thank goodness it didn't bite me, gross--Right, anyway, we had our Dhamma lesson with Fred then went to lunch. Pretty normal. I now have all of my up-to-date photos from here on Facebook. Tomorrow I take the 8 Precepts as we all know, so my computer will be strictly email and photos! I'm sure I've written that a million times already but doing so is reinforcing that restriction. Right now I jut want to nap. We're not going to the Daylight school today, too rainy and we'd have to sit in the back of the truck. I'm glad we're going another time, I really need to get some sleep (I still have a cold.) I think we're going to have one practical meditation session with Fred later on today. That should be good! Man, this whole journal is just repeating the same things over and over, eh? well, I guess it just goes to show what keeps going around in my head.



10:48 pm

Here we go…tomorrow is the big day. I'm going to be strict with myself and hope that Sam and Mike give me a good example (I'm sure they will.) Too bad for Max, on his last day we aren't going to be quite as much fun. I think this will be really good for me. We didn't end up having that practical meditation class with Fred (big surprise) but we do have that special lesson from a guy from the outside tomorrow. I'm hoping to spend a lot of my time in this next week reading about Buddhism and practicing meditation. Tonight I missed evening chanting but I could heard it loud and clear from my room. I won't miss it again but I just wasn't feeling up to it. Becky came by just before that with a teeny tiny white puppy that she named Bobby. She bought him for a local Thai man who's wanted a dog. How sweet :) What an adorable little ball of fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment