Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday August 8, 2010

From my handwritten journal


Did NOT sleep well last night. I was up a lot. Woke up around 3 am with bites on the bottom of my left thigh. Bedbugs for sure ewww!!! So naturally that really freaked me out and it took a while to get back to sleep (of course only to wake up from the ringing of the bell. Oh man I can't wait to be back in my own bed. Six more nights here, one in Chiang Mai, and two in Bangkok...then one on the plane (yuck.)
So when I woke up I actually wasn't starving or anything. I had two bowls of Frosted Flakes. We sat around and talked this morning. Max and Becky left around 10. There are a TON of lay people here today. The second Sunday of every month is a Dhamma lesson and meditation and all sorts of things for them for the day. It's strangely mostly all women. Perhaps the men are working. We had lunch with them but (surprise surprise) I didn't eat very much. Sam and I went to go to some walking meditation but the space was occupied by lay people. Oh well! Time to read, I suppose.



8:10 pm

Same ol'. Talked lots, didn't eat past noon, went to evening chanting. I hung my bedding out in the sun so hopefully that took care of the bedbug problem...ugh ew I'm seriously so grossed out by that. We all talked about how being here isn't quite what we'd thought it'd be. Mike ended up meditating throughout the entire chanting and had a really big breakthrough with that, so that's definitely inspiring! I'm going to try to go to bed by 10...let's see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment